Lactic acid is a member of the Alpha Hydroxy group of molecules that promote desquamation of the stratum corneum.
Skin Type Indications:
Aging, acneic or keratizined skin. Tolerated by most skin types for full timing. Can be used up to 5 minutes on any Fitzpatrick skin type. This peel can be repeated every 4 weeks.
- Hypersensitivity or anyone highly allergic
- Severely dry and dehydrated skin or those with a compromised lipid barrier
- Accutane® with the past year
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Glycolic acid or salicylic acid within past week
- Retin-A® or Renova® within the past week
- Herpetic breakout
- Open wounds or suspicious lesions
Important: a full client consultation is necessary before treatment. Have client fill out and sign consent form. Verbally repeat contraindications before proceeding with the peel.
Three Strengths: 30%, 35% and 45%